What's going on Flo-Rida?

G.M.K Team

G.M.K Team
What's going on Flo-Rida?
21.jpg

Flor-Rida: I'm just cooling, I'm in the UK for the first time I'm enjoying it?

How you enjoying the UK

Flor-Rida: The ladies out here are beautiful, I had a chance to go to the club and perform my song 'Low' and it was all good.

So your first single 'Low' has that exceeded expectations? I know it's been number one in the US for a countless number of weeks.

Flor-Rida: Yeah definitely, it's been number 1 for like ten weeks now, I didn't set out to do no goal or nothing like that cos I do music for the love, at the same time I knew the record would be big but not to this same magnitude.

So with your album 'Mail on Sunday' that's obviously upped the anti for that now with the success of 'Low', has that put added weight on your shoulders?

Flor-Rida: Not at all because I do it for the love, whatever happens will be no regrets. If you check out the charts right now I got this next single 'Elevator' featuring Timbaland on Itunes and it's creeping up the charts, 'Low' is number 1 and I think 'Elevator' is at number 4, look for Flo-Rida to be around for a long time.

Speaking about the album, what's the title 'Mail On Sunday' about?

Flor-Rida: In the States we only get mail six days a week, but I felt for my fans this is like a special delivery, I have to give them that seventh day. if you check out my first record 'Birthday' I say I don't want cake on my birthday I want it everyday. So I feel like I want that everyday. I've got Rick Ross on the album, Lil Wayne, Young Joc, Trey Songz, Will I Am, Timbaland, T Pain, the late great Roger Troutman, the last time you heard him was on 2pac's 'California Love' so this is definitely gonna be a classic album, I look forward to not only have a number 1 single, I look forward to having a number 1 album real soon.

A lot of people are casting of the Dirty South as Ring Tone rap what's your opinions on that?

Flor-Rida: I come from a universal approach, if that wasn't the case I wouldn't be in the UK right now so I don't just focus on being a local artist, I try to please everyone. First and foremost I do it from the heart and I love my music . I've had the chance to live both on the East Coast and the West Coast so I think I've learnt what type of music people like

So the name Flo-Rida it's obvious to some but break down the name?

Flor-Rida: The name Flo-Rida, I'm definitely from Florida but at the same time I broke it down into two syllables Flo and Rida cos with every type of record I try to give it a different Flo, the Rida part is for when I speed it up and give it double time sometimes.

So I hear you were the youngest of seven sister and some of your sisters formed a gospel group?

Flor-Rida: Yeah early on they performed a Gospel Group. My Dad played a lot of instruments, he sang himself but the advantages of having seven sisters is I know a lot about women and at the same time I never had to wash my dishes, or my clothes or that nature.

I can level with you I got three sisters myself.

Flor-Rida: (Laughs) OK that's what it is. Right now I definitely have to fend for myself or sometimes a lovely young lady may be around to help me but for the most part I'm a neat freak.

With your sister forming a gospel group, did you ever feel like you wanted to do Gospel Rap?

Flor-Rida: Nah not at all, but shout everyone who's out there doing Gospel Rap, my focus was always towards Hip Hop Rap.

On your first single you've got T Pain who's killing it with the hooks right now and on your second single you've got Timbaland on the beats you got some serious formulas right there man. Break down the single second 'Elevator'?

Flor-Rida: The second single came about through E Class who's the CEO of Poe Boy Entertainment, he's great friends with Timbaland, normally you'd need a 100,000$ to get into the studio with Timbaland but I found out he's a fan of me and he had to a favour for his brother E Class, so we were in the studio for four days, for a first time artist that's unheard of, the first two day's I acquainted with him and got to vibe with him and he has a love for music but at the same time me and him have in common that we put God first, the last couple of days we came up with 'Elevator' and then we shot the video about a week and a half later you got cameos in the video with Rick Ross, Cool and Dre, Lil Boosie, Brisco, Triple C. Working with Timbaland on Elevator was a dream come true, we were both out of the same camp Devante of Jodeci, he was apart of that movement early on and for three years I've been working with Devante also we have a lot in common.

So with your album what can people expect from it?

Flor-Rida: I'm inspired by dudes such as Jimi Hendrix, I've got him tattooed on my arm, for not only his music but his persona, at the same time I love Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, when it comes to Hip Hop LL Cool J, Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, Fat Joe, people like Outkast, Ludacris, Nelly, Lil Wayne, so in order to be a great leader you have to be a great follower so I've done my homework on these people. My flow is not just great lyrical content from left field, but at the same time my flow is melodic which set's me apart from a lot of artists so look forward to copping an album that has not just one subject matter from realism to just partying in the club, or being with that significant other and showing love so this album to me is definitely to be considered as a classic album.

Flicksandbits​

أعلى